Recipe: Orange Cake
Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef, created this gorgeous Orange Cake recipe for Weleda to celebrate the recent launch of our Skin Food collection.
Highlighting some of the key ingredients featured in our new Skin Food collection, the Weleda Orange Cake is rich in protein and healthy fats to help nourish your skin from the inside out.
It's a wholesome, high fibre and vegetarian delight - with the added benefit of being purely delicious, aiding wellbeing and promoting stress relief.
- 1 - 2 small oranges, washed (360 g/12½ oz total weight)
- 3 organic eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) raw honey
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 250 g (2½ cups/8 ¾ oz)) almond meal
- BOIL oranges in plenty of water for 2 hours until soft then cool.
- REMOVE any seeds and coarsely chop.
- COMBINE into a food processor with the honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend again followed by the almond meal and baking powder.
- POUR into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F)
- BAKE for 45 - 50 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- COOL completely then remove from the tin.
- GARNISH with yoghurt frosting or alternately garnish with honey- glazed oranges.
To make yoghurt frosting:
- DRAIN 1kg Greek style yoghurt overnight in the fridge in a nut milk bag or clean tea towel.
- DISCARD the whey and transfer the thickened yoghurt into a clean bowl.
- MIX in 3 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup and a little vanilla.
- Layer the cake with the frosting and enjoy.
Double the recipe for a layered cake.
Makes 1 large cake
I’ve been using Weleda products for many years. They are natural, hydrating and make me feel wonderful all over. I have extremely sensitive skin and I find that Weleda skin care calms and soothes my skin. I always get compliments from people asking about my skin care routine. I tell them one word. Weleda.
Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef
Teresa is a classically trained chef, nutritionist, author, accredited fitness trainer and media personality.
The Healthy Chef creates purely delicious functional foods for optimum health and wellbeing. Her aim is to get people eating healthier, so we can all live better lives that are filled with health and happiness.